Afterglow

Archiving: just ask
Rating: PG
Date: September 2002 (i think)
Summary: Harry and Draco bask.


Draco Malfoy was awfully warm. He was also soft in unexpected places. These two things made him a most excellent pillow for Harry Potter, who liked to stretch himself out against the curves and contours of his body, snuggling against the hollow of Draco's neck, or the planes of his chest or the dip of his thigh, and who currently had his head buried most satisfactorily in the squishy comfort of Draco's stomach while Draco played with his hair, a state of affairs Harry found very pleasant, indeed.

"Draco," he murmured against Draco's navel.

"Mmmm?" One of Draco's fingers trailed over his jaw line, coming to rest against his lips, which it began to trace idly. Harry sighed happily.

"I think I might be in love with you." He ran his tongue over the proffered finger, then began to suck it gently.

"Mmm," said Draco more enthusiastically, and then--"Riiight."

"You ont veheef me?" said Harry around Draco's finger, scootching closer and wrapping an arm around Draco's waist.

"Of course I don't believe you. Well. I mean, I believe you think you might be in love with me."

"Oh," said Harry. Draco offered him another finger. "Buh I fill ike I huv you."

"Do you get a weird kind of thrill whenever you see me?" Draco asked suspiciously.

"Mmm-hmm." Draco's fingers, predictably, tasted salty-sweet.

"Oh." Clearly Draco had not expected this. Harry closed his eyes and inhaled the scent of dried sweat and other liquids lingering around the pit of Draco's stomach. "Well, do you catch yourself looking for me whenever you enter rooms?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"Even if you know I probably won't be there?"

"All the time."

"Oh. --Get a pang if I'm not there after all?"

Harry murmured an assent and began to kiss his way across Draco's stomach in slow steady swathes. He heard Draco's breathing hitch, and decided to elaborate.

"I tremble inside every time I look at you," he said softly.

"Oh," breathed Draco, lying back and watching him in mystified fascination.

"If I can't find some way to feel your touch, I ache for the rest of the day."

"Oh..."

"I can't remember the last time I was in a bad mood because--because all my moods revolve around you, and they're all good."

"Harry--"

"And I love it when you say my name, because I feel like I could die happy having heard you say it just like that--and I feel like when I'm inside you that I'm inside you forever, and you're inside me, forever, and it's the one place in the world I never want to leave, and I hate it when you flinch at the things I say the way you're flinching now because every flinch takes you away from me a little and I don't ever want you away from me, ever."

He said all this very fast, and then sank his head on Draco's chest.

After a long moment: "Oh." Draco's hands buried themselves in Harry's hair once more.

"Mmm-hmm." Harry closed his eyes. They lay in silence.

"Draco."

"Mmm."

"Are you--"

"Of course I am."

"... Oh."

"Mmm-hmm."

"Then... you know what I mean."

Draco lifted his head and raised Harry's chin to meet his gaze. Their eyes held for a long moment.

"I know what you mean," he said.

The End.



__________________________________
~ main ~ about ~ rants ~ nqr ~ livejournal ~ the armchair ~
Fiction: harry potter ~ hikaru no go ~ prince of tennis ~ other fandoms ~ originals ~