We always hurt the ones we love, and this time, livejournal, that's you.



(product of the collective insanity of [info]bookshop, [info]loftily, and [info]michichu at way too early in the morning.)

[info]brad stared warily at the wizened little man with his hands thrust deeply in the pocket of his... robes.

"I'm sorry," he said, "But [info]frank's not for sale."

"Oh," said Aberforth, visibly disappointed. "May I just give him a treat, then?"

Frank bleated and moved closer to Aberforth in encouragement.

From his pockets, Aberforth produced no less than five farthings, several pieces of lint, a chewing gum wrapper, a yo-yo, and a sugarcube.

Frank's eyes lit up, and he eagerly went for the five farthings. Aberforth beamed. "Such a smart lad!" he said.

Brad quirked an eyebrow, warming up to the guy who clearly had money to burn. "So, hypothetically speaking," he said. "How much would you be willing to offer for him?"

The twinkle in Aberforth's eyes vanished to reveal the shrewd glance of an experienced businessman. "This is no ordinary goat," he said. "Something so special demands a special price."

"I'm listening," Brad said, thinking about the mileage he could get out of this story at his next Big Name Blogger convention. He was already envisioning his Livejournal post. He would perhaps put his mood as "quixotic". The music, possibly something Swedish and poppy.

Frank stuck his nose in Aberforth's pocket looking for the rest of the sugar. Aberforth ran a friendly, possessive hand over his back.

"My dear fellow," he said. "I can make the days of only three icons a thing of the past."




EPILOGUE: II. GOAT.
Frank the Goat.

bookshop (12/24/2005 8:01:26 PM): kslfj;lsafjkls;lskd
thewhiteprophet (12/24/2005 8:01:26 PM): OMFG
thewhiteprophet (12/24/2005 8:01:26 PM): AJA
thewhiteprophet (12/24/2005 8:01:26 PM): FUCK
bookshop (12/24/2005 8:01:26 PM): omg
thewhiteprophet: YOUR
thewhiteprophet: YOUR FRANK POST
thewhiteprophet: [info]frank REPLIED
thewhiteprophet: HOW DID I SEE THAT SO QUICKLY
bookshop: it's like you LIVE NEXT DOOR
bookshop: like we both heard something exciting on tv and called each other at the same time
bookshop: FRANK
bookshop: how do i respond to FRANK
thewhiteprophet: KSLDAJGKLSDJ;GKSDJGKJSDGKSJ I DON'T KNOW. I HONESTLY DON'T.
thewhiteprophet: [info]brad SEES ALL
bookshop: I THOUGHT ONLY [info]heidi8 COULD DO THAT.
bookshop: MAYBE THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON.

You'll always be worth a galleon to us, [info]frank. ♥



__________________________________
~ main ~ about ~ rants ~ nqr ~ livejournal ~ the armchair ~
Fiction: harry potter ~ hikaru no go ~ prince of tennis ~ other fandoms ~ originals ~