Saying Yes.

Archiving: just ask.
Rating: PG.
Pairing: Harry/Draco.
Date Written: Sept 5, 2005
Disclaimer: Not mine.

Notes: written for the final challenge of The Eros Affair, which you really really *really* should read every bit of because it's glorious.
"What do you think it means?" snapped Draco. He looked off-balance, and suddenly small, like the eleven-year-old Harry remembered.

Harry took a deep breath and steadied his voice. "I think it means you're scared," he said, "because we had a fight and you think you're going to lose me and you don't know what to do so you threw it out there as a last resort to keep me from going."

"Fuck you," Draco retorted automatically, but there was an injured look in his eyes that told Harry everything he needed to know.

"Draco." Harry went to him and held him, which was hard work because Draco clearly did not want to be held. "I'm sorry. I'm not going to leave you. Not if we have one fight. Not if we have ten fights, or thirty."

"But you said--"

"No matter what I say when I'm angry. I--" Harry felt his face heat up in embarrassment, and he hid it in the crook of Draco's warm shoulder. "Those are just words. I'm not going anywhere. I've made my choice."

Draco stopped squirming, then, and let Harry hold him.

"I didn't say it because I was desperate," Draco murmured after a moment.

Harry's heart stopped beating until Draco spoke again.

"I've thought about it for a long time," Draco said. Harry kept his face pressed against Draco's neck because he couldn't bear to look up at Draco's expression. "Not because I wanted to keep you from leaving, and not to fix things, because things are what they are--but because... I--"

"Shut up," Harry heard himself saying, and suddenly he was pressing kisses against Draco's neck, drawing him closer, because it seemed suddenly vital--as if he could never ever get Draco close enough. "Yes. Draco. Yes."

"Harry--"

"I do," said Harry. "Yes."

Draco looked at him and smiled, a little sheepishly. "Yeah?" he said.

Harry kissed him. "Yes," he said again, because he sucked as a boyfriend and he would suck as a husband, and he might never be able to tell Draco anything that was really worth saying. But he could say yes. To this. To Draco.

He would say always say yes to Draco.



__________________________________
~ main ~ about ~ rants ~ nqr ~ livejournal ~ the armchair ~
Fiction: harry potter ~ hikaru no go ~ prince of tennis ~ other fandoms ~ originals ~