Fic: Snowball Fight
Author: Aja
Archiving: just ask.
Rating: PG.
Pairing: Akira/Hikaru.
Date Written: January 23, 2007
Disclaimer: I only wish I were as talented as Hotta and Obata.
Touya doesn't like ice, because it's slippery and unstable, and he has never had good balance. You can't be that carefully precise in everything you do without also entertaining a constant fear of toppling over where you stand.

Touya likes snow even less - it's wet and cold and if it gets in his hair his hair sticks together and mats against his forehead. Even less than being unpoised does Touya like being ungroomed.

Snow days, then, are days Touya steps outside automatically grumpy.

At least they are until the first time Shindou grabs onto him, bright yellow jacket caked in the remnants of his last snow angel, and shoves a handful down his back. Touya yelps and lurches away. The cold water is making its way down his spine, and Shindou is laughing at him brightly, nose and cheeks red. Touya feels his face heat up.

"You idiot," he snaps. "We have a tournament. Have you lost your mind?"

Shindou rolls his eyes. "Touyaaa," he wheedles. "It's snowing. You don't just ignore something like that!"

Touya begins to walk away, or rather tromp away, his boots leaving angry tracks across the mud.

It's then that Hikaru stops him, placing a soaked glove over Touya's mostly dry one.

"After we win our games," he says lightly, casting Touya's consternation aside as easily as he casts aside every other consternating thing about him, "I'll show you how to make a snowman."

Touya doesn't ask how Hikaru knows he's never made one before. He doesn't ask how Hikaru knows they're going to win.

Touya never asks a lot of things.

Instead he shoves a packet of snow in Hikaru's surprised face and takes off running.

When it comes to snow, he may be a novice, but when it comes to Hikaru, the one thing he knows is that he'll always catch up.


__________________________________
~ main ~ about ~ rants ~ nqr ~ livejournal ~ the armchair ~
Fiction: harry potter ~ hikaru no go ~ prince of tennis ~ other fandoms ~ originals ~